The regional passport office Mumbai offers passport services to the residents of Maharashtra. It is one of the oldest passport offices established in 1954. Mumbai passport office works under the Ministry of External Affairs and is supervised by Joint Secretary (CPV), who works in the capacity of Chief Passport Officer, Government of India, New Delhi. The passport office Mumbai was earlier known as Central Passport & Emigration Organization. Mumbai passport office was subsequently named as Central Passport Organization.
How To Apply:
An individual who is a resident of the state of Maharashtra can apply online or submit the form at the passport office Mumbai. To do online registration, one can open the website of regional passport office Mumbai “http://passport.gov.in/mumbai.html” and check the online registration section. After the registration is complete, one can get the print out of the form.
To fill the form, following instructions should be followed -
- Use only capital letters
- Use only blue or black pen
- Pencils and inks pens are not allowed
- Leave a space of one box between words
- Write clearly, and don’t touch the lines of the boundary
- Do not write anything outside the box
- Incomplete applications are rejected
After filling in the form, the form should be submitted to the Mumbai passport office. If online registration is done, submit the print out of the form at the passport office Mumbai. Passport applications can also be submitted to regional passport office Mumbai through the following means.
- Passport office counter
- By sending through Speed Post
- Submitting at the District Passport Cells
- Submitting at the Passport Collection Centers
Check List :
Before submitting passport at regional passport office Mumbai, it should be checked for any missing information.
For a fresh passport: For applying for a fresh passport at Mumbai passport office, these points should be checked
- Address proof
- Date of Birth proof
- Applicant should provide Citizenship Document if he is a citizen of India by Naturalization or Registration.
- “Identity Certificate” should be submitted in case an applicant is an employee of Public Sector /Government/Statutory body.
- Attested copy of supporting document if applicant is eligible under “ECNR”.
- Emergency Certificate/Passport in case applicant has been deported to India.
For a complete check list, visit “http://passport.gov.in/mumbai.html” and check the “Check List” section.
Reissue of a passport after 10 years - For a complete check list, visit -
“http://passport.gov.in/mumbai.html” and check the “Check List” section.
Fee Structure :
Fee is to be paid in full. It can be paid either by cash or by Bank Draft. If Bank Draft is being issued, it should be made payable to the concerned Passport Officer at the Mumbai passport office. DD can also be send to the passport office Mumbai. In case DD is sent, application number and applicant should be mentioned on the back of the draft. The Demand Draft Number, The Bank Code of Issuing Bank, and issue date of the Demand Draft should also be mentioned. The fee details are as below.
- Fess is Rs. 1000/- for a new passport of 10 years validity. The passport will have 36 pages. For minors (15 to 18 years), same fess wi be charged.
- Fess is Rs. 1500/- for a fresh passport of 36 pages.
- Fess is Rs. 600/- for a new passport for minors. The passport validity is for five years or till the minors attain the age of 18 years, whichever is first.
- Fess is Rs. 2500/- for a duplicate passport of 36 pages.
- Fess is Rs. 3000/- for a duplicated passport of 60 pages.
- Fess is Rs. 300/- for Additional Endorsements/ ECNR / Police Clearance Certificate
- Fess is Rs. 1000/- in case a new passport has to be issued to accommodate changed in personal details like Name, Address, Place of Birth, Date of Birth, Spouse Name, Appearance, Legal Guardian /Name of Parents.